Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking and doing some shopping on my favorite filters and I've noticed something. Anybody else getting the feel that the old 2217 is about to be replaced? I'm seeing some new items that seems to be replacements for the "Classic 2213,2215,2217" lineup. I'm also seeing some closeout pricing. Just wondering if the group has any input on the thought of 2217 going away.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hrm... pm me where you see closeout pricing. I may pick up an extra.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A local shop offered to order in one for $144. I don't normally expect that much off at LFS.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Let's keep the mention of specific online retailer pricing and promotions out of the discussion forum, please and thanks. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don' t think they going no where i just got one for $ 135 plus free shipping . Here in Maryland they still high prices going for $ 189 to $ 300

·
Registered
509 Posts
Never fear the 2080 is still over priced :D

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is what makes me wonder if they are beginning to phase out the old stock with the new model coming out with media trays. Ehiem seems to be quite sensitive to that as it is one of the few common complaints on the "classic" line. Now it has put a doubt in my mind whether I should go for another 2217 or go for the new with the media trays and the other small things they have improved. I guess that is reason enough to defer the spending.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah Petco clearanced theirs out for 48.00 I had already bought it when it was 72.00 so i bought another just in case.... lol and i hope they are coming out with new ones sometime soon so i have something to put on the shelve for the old ones... happy eheim hunting! :)

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
some places just run them cheap every now and then because they can, they are marked up so much. but then they go back to normal price, no way is eheim discontinuing the top filter ever built

1 - 13 of 13 Posts