Cichlid Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love these filters and they seem to work great when you get a good one but this is the 3rd time I've bought one and when I open the package up the plastic housing is cracked or broken. The box's were all in mint condition with not even a crushed corner so that tells me it's a quality control issue from the factory. Luckily Fosters & Smith have excellent customer service and each time they send me a new one and a return shipping label for the old one so I'm not out any money it's just kinda inconvenient. This is 3 out of the 4 AC's I've bought that this has happened. Is this just my bad luck or a known issue?? After I get a good one I have zero complaints about these filters. The AC mini on my 10g has been going strong for over 10 years now with zero issues. They don't re prime themselves as easily as the Penguin/Emperor filters but overall a great filter.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have bought 4 aquaclear's and have not had problems with any one of them unless i mess with them or something like that but out of the box they work perfectly fine, no cracks no nothing. maybe its the way they handle them at the store?

Hope you get a good one next time, or try a diff store.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I've had one cracked from bigalsonline and 2 from Fosters so I guess it could be UPS fault but the boxes are in mint condition & packaged with tons of foam peanuts and bubble wrap. They look like stress cracks. I think the clear plastic housing just breaks easier than the black plastic marineland style. Hopefully the new one is fine it's the only thing I need to finish up the shell dweller tank I'm setting up and I'm getting antsy lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.