Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may already be too late to do anything about this but this morning I found one male sunshine peacock at the bottom of the tank, pale and wedged behind an air stone. Thought him to be gone but when I went to remove him he moved a bit. I immediately moved him to a hospital tank. He stays on the bottom, upside down. I added some meta fix. I would guess it to be the result of overnight aggression as there is one other male and a female in a 40 breeder. I know that this was not ideal but both of the same males were in my 210 with another male....none of this is recommended, I know but was a start to getting my mix in better shape. Up until today I saw no signs of aggression other than he colored way down. Since the three peacocks were moved into the 40 have I seen them feed or poop. They pretty much hide. So I don't think he has much chance to come back, but is any last chance treatments you would suggest?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess he is gone by now but i wanted to say that in that condition it is to late to save the fish.it happened to me twice. Sometimes fish get sick and you can treat them, sometimes they die quick. Depends on the disease.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding. Yes, he died last night. He wasn't sick, I believe it was aggression. Oh well, bummer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts