Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw it this morning on a couple of Acei, Added 6 last week they were in quarantine at the LFS for nearly 2 weeks before I got them. The are eating good and don't appear to be rubbing on anything. Water checks are fine tanks been running for quite sometime.

Any thoughts on what it might be. My eye's are not that great up close and I tried to get the best pics I could they are swimming around pretty good/fast.

Just noticed in the 3rd pic his tail looks torn, I wonder if they are fighting at night or if its a disease none of the other fish seem to have anything. I can pick meds or salts up tonight if needed. There is 1 older Demasoni 4 labs 4 small rustys not sure if that matters?

I found this pretty close to what I have going on except its only on the tops between dorsal fin and head. No real signs of rubbing on any rock.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=224687

Thoughts and thanks!

Thoughts and thanks

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Up-date I went to the LFS after work with pics they think it may be bacterial, after getting home 3 out of the 6 have chewed up fins not just the tails but the pectoral fins as well. Almost looks like rot.

They sold me some stuff called KanaPlex. Hopefully it will help? I fed them when I got home and they gobbled the food up like they were starving. Could I be under feeding them and it's causing aggression? I don't know never really had this many fish before.

Bueller? Bueller? Ferris Bueller? :wink:

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Difficult to diagnose, and I'm no illness expert. Try and watch them for half an hour or so after lights out, preferably without them knowing you're there, and see if there's any signs of aggression.
I take it there's no hiding behind equipment during daylight hours?
Do all of the fish display the same fin damage? Are those scrapes in front of the dorsal on the Acei in pics 2 & 3?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts