Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally going to pick up my new tank tonight. Waterbox 190.5 (60"L x 26"W x 24"H). 45 gallon sump with two 7" filter socks and 8L of Pond Matrix for bio. Still up in the air on the stock list and M/F ratios per species. My wife likes Maingano's so that's a near must. I like Yellow Lab's and Rusty's. Throw in a couple of BNPs for good measure.

Questions:
1. Am I alright so far?
2. Could I go for one or maybe two more species and if so I'm open to suggestions. ( I kinda like Yellow Tail Acei's)
3. Ratios

Thanks again (I know - I asked about this before but ... Ya'll know how it goes.)

GCG

·
Registered
60 Posts
5ft 110 or 120gal tall? I'd say you're on the right track. Could definitely add a 4th species to that mix. Acei or my personal favorite Cyno white Top Hara. Either would work well in the mix. Overall sounds like you already know what to do lol 5-7of each species shooting for 1 male and rest females. But with all of the species you mentioned you may even be okay with a few males of each without too much aggression issues. BN plecos are fine and throw in 5 or so syno cats and call it a day lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup that's the one! 141 odd size lol but yeah you would be fine with 4 species. Acei, rusties, yellow labs, mainganos, white top haras. Choose the 4 ya like the most. Can't go wrong with any combination of those.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
I'd do 1m:7f on the maingano...they can be aggressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts