Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first thanks for the help and input over the past two years. I never really believed it could really take two years to get my tank in order as was predicted on this site. The mauna tank is great and thriving. All cool there. The hap/peacock tank is now a bit over a year old, and I've had to do some rehoming due to aggression.

I'm looking for some colorful 'wimpy haps' suggestions to fill out my 80 gallon 48 in long tank. I have just removed an OB and Insignus that were just too much aggression for the rest of the occupants. Current residents:

Dragon blood type albino - orange
Borleyi
Rebescens
Aulonocara Red Shoulder
Protomelas marginatus
Haplochromis chrisonotus
Chiwendi
Taiwan Reef
3 clowns
2 immature or female (these will probably be rehomed upon the new arrivals) I bought them as sexed male juveniles last May. Still no color, and very diminutive in size and stature. Guessing they are females and will become a problem.

I'm thinking 2-4 more occupants under six inches mature.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Adam

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Lethrinops is usually too wimpy for all male but the sunshine would work. Placidochromis electra?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I think if the marginatus is working then a lethrinops would have a good chance. Neither lethrinops red cap or protomelas marginatus worked for me. Lethrinops oculatus is a bigger species and I've had good luck so far.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I have had marginatus work in a mixed tank, but lethrinops has only worked for me in a species tank. Color wise.

Marginatus are fabulous when colored up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents, thanks as always.

What numbers do you suggest aiming for? Any further suggestions? I like the Placidochromis electra. I love the lethrinops oculatus, but fear the outcome with him.

Of these what would be the 'best scenario' advice:
Sunshine Peacock Aulonocara
Otopharynx Lithobates
Copadichromis trewavasae "fireline mloto"
Placidochromis electra

I'm able to purchase up to all four of them, or the best combination for the tank I have described above.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank?

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I like 12 individuals if they mature <= six inches. You have some fish in there that will get bigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts