Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 90 that i am going to rescape again, but this time with bigger rocks... i want people possibly who have a 90 footprint tank to post their pics with big rocks as their rock work... i am trying to get a feel of how i want my tank to look... i bought 7 big rocks that weigh roughly 10-20 lbs... one rock is like maybe 6"x12"by 4-5"thick... people say less big rocks make the tanks look bigger than lots of small rocks... so that is what i am gonna try tonight i hope... please post some pics of your setup... i was looking through your tanks, but it is hard just to pin point what i am looking for... so hopefully this post will help me greatly...
thanks.

anybody is welcome to post their pics, i mainly want just big rock and no plant posts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Click on my tanks to see my 20g long, 65g and 90g...

My 90g (Mbuna) is setup with 140lb's of lace rock, but it's piled for 'height' - this (IMO) helps the fish to feel more at ease, and more likely to venture forward in the tank, knowing that they have plenty of 'bolt-holes' to disappear into if "danger threatens"... I also like the way that the fish utilize the entire height of the wall to graze on algae...

My 65 (and 20) uses river rock piled - works well for the Oto's, and encourages them to swim in the upper columns of water, but it's already cost me 1 peacock and 1 Oto that got stuck in the rocks (the peacock got stuck upside down?!?)

I hope these layouts help to give you some ideas, and wish you the best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts