Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My boyfriend and I "inherited" our fish tank from a friend who is a cichlid junkie at the moment as well. We have a 55g mixed malawi tank (2 red zebras, 1 yellow lab, 1 calvus, 1 blue dolphin, 1 electric blue that looks like the yellow lab but only blue, that besides the electric blue being a jerk, they all live together well and look great).

We also have a new 30 gal with pseudotrophus demasoni (3) and melanochromis auratus (3) that live with 2 pictus cats. These guys are juveniles, only 1-2" in length, the cats are about 3 1/2" and my question is, what do i feed these guys since i have the pictus cats with them?

Thanks! :fish:

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I guess we would first need to know what pictus cats need to eat? Since they are not cichlids...

When I Google is says they are omnivores so you could feed them the same food demasoni like: a low protein food with high quality aquatic protein like krill, spirulina algae and lots of vegetables and even fruits as ingredients.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I let my pictus clean up after my cichlids--whatever they (the big dum-dums) miss. However, pictus love algae wafers best, or at least mine do (go nuts for it). The ones I get are big round circles (dime/nickel sized)--make sure to break them up (they're really hard so it's a big ***************). :wink:

I feed all my cichlids New life spectrum pellets (Like DJR mentions).

PS- You might want to pick up another pictus cat. They're social and prefer to be in groups of 3+, like a lot of bottom feeders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts