Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am not a cichlid expert but love the way they look. After a recent visitor to our house mistakenly placed something on top of my tank and bumped the heater thus frying my 4" blue Lab (?) I decided to rebuild the whole tank including a fully submerssible heater.
I now have a 20 gallon tank with an 8" sunken ship surrounded buy a few tall plants to one side with a ton of tall fake plants to the other side. I have 3 cichlids I bought at the same time as infants (less then 1 inch long). A yellow, I think Lab, with dark vertical stripes, a blue one and an orange one which I am assuming is not a naturally occuring color. The yellow one has not grown at the same rate as the other two and at about 1 inch is very 'shy'. The blue fish has become very aggressive primarily toward the orange one. They are both about 2 inches now.
The aggressiveness has become increasingly rough and I am worried about the orange fish getting stressed. Should I add more fish to balance the group? Add more 'stuff' to the tank? Remove the blue fish or maybe remove the yellow one? Please help! Thanks,
-Stuart

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Hi Stuart. I'm not sure what the dimensions of your tank are, but most 20 gallon tanks are 24" long. If that is the case, the issue is simply that they tank is far too small for these fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts