Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide if I want Angels or Festivums in my 55.....

I have a school of lemon tetras, a catfish, and one lone giant danio hold over....

What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
somebody has experience with them both I know.... im going Friday for one or the other....

Leaning toward festivums because they are different.... but once I get there the Angels might grab me again....

what do yall think?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi GOSKN5,

I have not kept either; but, I was wondering why you could not do both?

I would think a pair of each world work well in a 55g. Start with a small group of each and when they pair up return/remove/sell the extra fish.

Otherwise I personally prefer the appearance of angle fish over Festivums.

Again, I do not have experience with these fish in my aquariums. I am just speculating based on what I have read about the two fish in question.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
877 Posts
i agree, try both.

if i had to choose, i would go with angels. i think they are more intersting and you have more choices as far as color (if that matters to you).

personally, i find festivum to be a little boring, but i enjoy angels.

whichever you decide on, you could do a group of small cichlids in the 55 also. something like dwarves, bolivians, keyholes etc

good luck and go skins!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you plan to keep plants? Festivums are lawnmowers, angels are not. If you aren't going to have plants, then I'd go with Festivums. They're really neat and far less common. Their appearance in person is quite impressive.

·
Registered
705 Posts
*** kept festivums before and angels. bred em both. only thing i can say about them is they are TIMID. do not put them in a tank where you walk by regularly. once they pair off its for life and eggs and such r soon to follow. they tend to be good parents after a few trys (much better then angels imo) as for plants they tend to favor soft leaf stuff. lillys and some sword nibbling. but honestly nothing too serious. just give em plenty of stuff to hide behind and im sure you will enjoy them a lot more then angels. GL to ya and lemme know if you have any trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts