Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pick you folks brains a bit on experience with angelfish. Situation was that I had two pair of angelfish and assorted fish in a 55 and both pair decided to lay eggs at opposite ends of the tank. Thinking I would save some fry, I moved the assorted fish (including plecos) out to other tanks. In stirring things around and adding a divider between the two sets of fish, I disrupted things too much. One set of eggs disappeared and the female was getting beaten up by the male. I moved the female out to recover and then put her back after a few days. The male started beating again so I put him in a net for an hour. As I had an ad in to sell one pair already, I left the divider in. Now that I'm down to one pair and let the male out of the net, things seem back to them being a pair again.

Big question is, what are the odds that this will stay a pair if there are no other fish involved?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
You'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens. Just be prepared to separate them again if you have to.

Angels are actually South American, so you might get more responses in that folder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.