Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my angelfish are about to have their second spawn. I have some questions such as: should I move the pair into their own tank(they are currently in a 40g community), should I let them spawn then move the eggs into a tank by themselves, or should I let the parents spawn in the main tank then move both the pair and eggs to a separate tank? I don't want to move the parents necessarily because the stress could cause them not to spawn or to eat the eggs. I really need some suggestions. And sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would move the pair and eggs. Because if you move the parents prior to spawning the change may slow down there attempt to spawn.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both of their papillas were down this morning so I moved them to a 10g with a upturned flower pot, a slate, and some plants. When I got home today they had spawned on the pot, so I put an airstone by the eggs and everything is going good.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats! What happened the first time around?

Keep in mind that not all angels are parent raisers. Some will eat the eggs or wigglers. If you really want some fry, it's actually very easy to hatch the eggs yourself.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Angels spawn every 2 to 14 days so if you want to raise up some or have the pair try to raise them move the pair to a tank of their own and once they settle in the will spawn again.

Many angels will not parent raise, so if you want to raise up a spawn pull a batch of eggs and hatch them out yourself. You will need an air stone, some meth blue or hydrogen peroxide to prevent fungus if you hatch them in a separate tank. They willl need to eat micro worm or baby brine shrimp about 7 days after the eggs were layed.

Good luck with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts