Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue keeping my newly free swimming angel fry alive. water is perfect,

I think they arent getting food. I am using de-capsulaed brine shrimp eggs, newly hatched brine, and just for good measure "first bites" in small quantities. water changes daily ect.

Is any of that food small enough for them to eat?

·
Registered
532 Posts
First, I would go out and by a turkey baster, if you don't already have one. Take a small cup, fill it with tank water and place a small amount of First Bites in, let it settle for about 5 minutes, then suck it up with the baster and shoot it out directly over the fry. I don't know about angels, if they protect their young, but if not, feed like the package says.

Hikari First Bites was made specifically for fry to eat. So yea, it's small enough.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fry are in a isolated tank, and I use a syringe to push wetted foods directly over the fry. have been told new free swimmers cannot digest decaps...is that true?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Honestly, I have no clue about a **** digestive system. But I do now that fry love Hikari First Bites. There is an angel fish on the cover of the package, so your fry will eat it, and digest it. I wouldn't worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts