Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Sure! But, well....
That can depend. Mostly on the size of the aquarium the Angels will be kept with the Blue Acara.
Plus, are the Angels just little bitty things, being thrown in with an adult sized Blue Acara? Or, is Is everyone adult sized? Are they all babies?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure! But, well....
That can depend. Mostly on the size of the aquarium the Angels will be kept with the Blue Acara.
Plus, are the Angels just little bitty things, being thrown in with an adult sized Blue Acara? Or, is Is everyone adult sized? Are they all babies?
i have all adult angels, i'm getting a baby acara and some krisbensis 2

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Oh, and welcome to Cichlid Forum!
-
What size aquarium? And how many Angels do you have now? And no, I don't recommend keeping Kribs with Angels - they will just LOVE to nip those trailing fin tendrils on your Angels! And the Yellow Labs? C'mon... those are African Mbuna! Those things belong on a really big rock pile with one male and a bunch of females to display at, chase and nip at.
All.
Day.
Long.
Plus, those Labs really prefer hard, alkaline water to look and color up their best. Something your soft water loving South American Cichlids may not appreciate too much....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, and welcome to Cichlid Forum!
-
What size aquarium? And how many Angels do you have now? And no, I don't recommend keeping Kribs with Angels - they will just LOVE to nip those trailing fin tendrils on your Angels! And the Yellow Labs? C'mon... those are African Mbuna! Those things belong on a really big rock pile with one male and a bunch of females to display at, chase and nip at.
All.
Day.
Long.
Plus, those Labs really prefer hard, alkaline water to look and color up their best. Something your soft water loving South American Cichlids may not appreciate too much....
i have a 30 gall and like 5 angels

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
A 30 gallon tank? Your totally good now!
You could add some Corydoras catfish or something to that tank, if you wanted to try something else. But, more Cichlids? Don't do it!
-
You need another aquarium! Or, at least a much bigger aquarium to transfer your Angels over to, and move that baby-sized Electric Blue Acara into.

·
Registered
552 Posts
A 30gal is already more than fully stocked with 5 angelfish. If they pair off at some point and spawn, that 30gal will only be big enough for that pair.

Yellow labs, as mentioned, are African mbuna and not in any way compatible with Angelfish.

A blue acara, in my opinion, gets too large to keep in a 30gal long term.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts