Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks worse in the pictures than with the naked eye. (not that it makes it any better!)

Click for larger pictures.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yes, and what do we treat with?

So far, what I'm finding is Maracyn. However, given it's a 55 gallon tank and affecting at least 3 fish (probably 4 or more) - I may need to treat the whole thing vs hospital tank.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wife is upset... can anyone help?
(sorry, I know it hasn't been long but I'm worried my subject line may have not be the best to get attention - I was trying to be accurate)

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
I always thought columnaris was more a very distinct and continuous patch of white or gray and the rest of the fish looked completely normal. Fish eating and activity normal.

Not sure what that is...but I have only had "maybe-columnaris" once on one fish.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They seem to be acting normal.

But yeah, a lot of what I'm reading about Columnaris doesn't seem to apply to them.

I've turned up the temp (was 75.7) and added salt. It's due for a 50% water change tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And your point is? :x

spammer.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that's the closest I've seen!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out it was just a fungus.

I used the Jungle anti-fungus fizzy tablet while waiting to get a large bottle of Pimafix (the next day). Dosed with Pimafix (accidently double-dosed each day) for 3 days and the fungus was completely gone.

Thanks for the feedback though.

(what's funny is I went to a Petsmart, showed their fish guy the picture and he said it looked like a fungus and recommended Pimafix)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts