Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Seems like a Malawi "Hap"... might be a hybrid since it doesn't seem like a good match for anything so far. Has the fish had color before? May have been hormoned for temp color and the color wore off. Weird marking combintions are common with fish that were hormponed, since the juvenile and adult makings are present at the same time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noki said:
Seems like a Malawi "Hap"... might be a hybrid since it doesn't seem like a good match for anything so far. Has the fish had color before? May have been hormoned for temp color and the color wore off. Weird marking combintions are common with fish that were hormponed, since the juvenile and adult makings are present at the same time.
it is still a juve and never any color no. I had seen him solo in a Lfs s few times and only thing it was labelled was Cichlids. my friend thinks firemouth but that would be s.american right?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
james1983 said:
Some sort of hap mix, definitely not a FM.
At the local fish store yesterday there was a tank with about 20 or so like it but the poor young kid couldn't tell me what they were and when I asked the assistant manager where they got their Cichlids imported from....he couldn't say or divulge that. Whatever. Was just making sure as the fish is housed with a few other juves and seems to be healthy and doing fine with the water and temp being for mbuna I didn't want it to be housed if it indeed was a s American as the Lfs mixes African and American all the time in their tanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.