Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am Mr.Firemouth. I have posted on many boards and some of you may have seen my name/posts before. I have been keeping fish both FW and SW for 25+ years and am desperately seeking an albino Thorichthys meeki. I am not interested in the T. Mexiteco variety.

For those of you unfamiliar with me I maintain 1,000g of aquariums in my fishroom. I have specifically bred firemouths my entire hobby career. I say career but obsession is more like it.

I am currently working on my linebreeding program of 6th generation Firemouths. This is the fruit of seven years and I am still working on the Ultimate Warrior! The colors of my FM's is really looking great. I was tank 13 at the last ACA show in Chicago, but there was a larger redder FM that one the prize!

It has been my goal since 2000 to begin breeding an albino firemouth. I have yet to locate a healthy mutation to introduce to my breeding stock. Any information or pictures are greatly appreciated! Just post the pic and info in this thread!

Here are some pics of my last breeders...



http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/m ... th/fm2.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/m ... th/fm1.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/m ... 94aba3.jpg

I learned how to linebreed working with fancy strains of guppies and swordtails. I currently work with swords and have plenty of feeders!LOL
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/m ... sword3.jpg



I am posting here because this looks like an awesome spot to discuss cichlids. I hope someone can find me what I am looking for!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
...can't help you...sorry...

...but I had to say...gorgeous fish! Good luck with your quest...it will be interesting to see if anyone has any mutations! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Rue said:
...can't help you...sorry...

...but I had to say...gorgeous fish! Good luck with your quest...it will be interesting to see if anyone has any mutations! :thumb:
Pretty much the same thing. Really nice fish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Hello,

I might have just solved your problem. While browsing through my LFS i pretty shure i saw a group of albino Fm's 5 - 10, then remembered reading your post. I dont know how desprate you are for these Fm's to have them shipped from Australia. Your firemouths look stunning!

Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EOF,
The pic is a poorly colored specimen but is not an albino. The albino would be white and the eyes would be red. The flanking ocelli would be yellow.

Alex250...
If you can provide pics I will pay shipping from Australia. As long as the LFS has the proper shipping experience things should be fine. I just sent 5 adult breeders to Hawai'i from St.Louis,MO.

I am very anxious to see a photograph. T.Mextico albinos are being distributed but not T.Meeki.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Hi! Can't help you with the albinos. I want to compliment you on the great fm photos. Their coloring is splendid. Makes me wish I had some just like that. Too bad St Louis is so far from Balimore as I would love to see them in person! Please keep posting pics. (Got any pics of fry and juviniles?) I'll watch for them.
 
G

·
Mr.Firemouth said:
EOF,
The pic is a poorly colored specimen but is not an albino. The albino would be white and the eyes would be red. The flanking ocelli would be yellow.
Mr. Firemouth:

The pic is a googled firemouth picture in which I photoshopped to make it appear to be albino (or what I would think an albino looks like). Shows what you know....

-eof
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
i nown MR.firemouth for along time ( arent u on MFK mr firemouth? ) but not personaly but only on computer i now him ad hes the best with firemouth so ya he nows alot about firemouths since he was in them for 25+ years so G-L mr. firemouth on finding an albino!!! and nice pixs!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
I havent been here that long, but that was a pretty crappy thing to do and I for one dont appriciate(guess I m not english either) what youve done or said. that is the reason I didnt join some other sites. the man wants our help in working with something he is obviously an expert at and you try to deceive him then question his expertice. my appologies for dealing with that mr. firemouth. we are all here to help each other!!!
mike c.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
EOF,
I am good at enhancing and clarifying a pic w/PS. I am not good at changing colors though.
It would be interesting to see if you could turn the fish white, leave the belly/throat orangish/red and make the black spots yellow. I would love to see how it would turn out.

The bounty is for real. $100 for an albino T.Meeki.

To all the other posts, thanks for the comments/support. :D
 
G

·
misplacedsooner said:
I havent been here that long, but that was a pretty crappy thing to do and I for one dont appriciate(guess I m not english either) what youve done or said. that is the reason I didnt join some other sites. the man wants our help in working with something he is obviously an expert at and you try to deceive him then question his expertice. my appologies for dealing with that mr. firemouth. we are all here to help each other!!!
mike c.
The other post didn't make sense...I was just pointing out that it didn't make any sense...I wasn't really trying to be mean about anything.
 
G

·
Mr.Firemouth said:
EOF,
I am good at enhancing and clarifying a pic w/PS. I am not good at changing colors though.
It would be interesting to see if you could turn the fish white, leave the belly/throat orangish/red and make the black spots yellow. I would love to see how it would turn out.

The bounty is for real. $100 for an albino T.Meeki.

To all the other posts, thanks for the comments/support. :D
I will take a cut at photoshoping one tomorrow night. You might want to get someone else to do it though because blairo1 doesn't think I am very good at photoshop..... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Nice to see another FM enthusiast. Welcome aboard.

I have never heard or seen Albinos. I would think out of 1,000s of spawns you would get one from regular Firemouths but I haven't. I probably would've kull'd it if I did though so I hope I didn't just flush $100 down the toilet (A Joke guys !!!!)

Everybody has to lighten up too, I've had a similar reaction to Conoholic's posts the first few times but I'm used to them now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
FiremouthShogun said:
Nice to see another FM enthusiast. Welcome aboard.

I have never heard or seen Albinos. I would think out of 1,000s of spawns you would get one from regular Firemouths but I haven't. I probably would've kull'd it if I did though so I hope I didn't just flush $100 down the toilet (A Joke guys !!!!)

Everybody has to lighten up too, I've had a similar reaction to Conoholic's posts the first few times but I'm used to them now.
I've had a similar reaction to Conoholic's posts the first few times but I'm used to them now.[
is that a bad? for me?
 
1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Top