Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about picking up one or two Festaes and I'm going to grow them out in a 65 gallon and eventually put them into my 125 gallon that already holds a 8 Inch managuense, a 10 inch Midas and a pair of cons. I know I'm probably pushing it by adding the festae so I'm thinking about rehoming the Midas.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what everyone's experience with them are and if my tank setup would be workable. Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think that you are going to be waiting a long time for the Festae to catch up, they are one of the slowest growing cichlids that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. :lol:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Are these also called Ex-cichlasoma festea ? They they get reclassifed ? If these are the same fish .... These get freagin huge and I was told a pair needs 300 gallons minimum but you'll need a larger tank if you want to add tankmates . This is the reason why I've not invested in these downright sexy fish .
RayQ , you mentioned they are slow growing ? What's the average rate ? If you were to purchase the typical 2 - 3 incher , how long do you have before it reaches 12 inches ? Providing you feed them a varied diet and you have a strong filteration along with regular water changes .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got my red terrors about 3-4 months ago and were close to 2 inches now at the present time i would say there about 2.75-3 inches they seem to be growing backwards for me. Sadly Jason if my fish are any indications they are nasty fish that love to fight so it may be difficult to place them but good luck and I will let you know when my bg's arrive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts