Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
I wished he gave more description on how the "Flow back - No flooding!" section worked.

Other than that, it looks like a really cool design for a reef aquarium. Overkill & ineffective for anything less than that. The skimmer section would have to be a wet-dry or some other type of bio-media for fresh water.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
That dude has to have a degree in fluid dynamics...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha I know.. When I saw that I almost crapped my pants and thought why didnt I come up with this!?

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Would need to add a bio-chamber somewhere.

·
Registered
625 Posts
And I thought I was cool running a fluval 204 in my sump... :p

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
And I thought I was cool running a fluval 204 in my sump
I have thought about doing this with my 350.. Does it remove particulates as well as when you are removing them directly from the tank?

I guess you are not running any type of prefilter?

·
Registered
625 Posts
This is what I do:

It overflows from the box into a sponge prefilter, then into the drip trap, through bioballs then through that foam block you can see then some water goes straight through the UV sterilizer and then some goes into the 204 which is loaded with pot scrubbers and fine foam, then into the uv sterilizer and back into the tank.

I want to add a light and some floating plants to help reduce nitrates but I haven't settled on a species I want to use yet.

It works very well for water polishing. I can speculate it would remove particulate well too but I also have an ac110 that is situated close to wear I feed and I feed sparingly so there's not a whole lot of stuff to take out of my water fortunately.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was debating hooking up a canister to my sump, but just to seed it for my new 125..

Sheesh that 204 looks awfully similar to my SunSun, or should I say my SunSun looks awfully similar to that 204? :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts