Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 12 juvenile ( all 2.5-3.5") peacocks and Haps. I am feeding them spirulina flakes 3 times a days usually what they can eat in about 45 seconds to a minute at the most. However it says on the container to feed 3-4 times per day no more than they can eat in 5 minutes. This would be tons of food! I want them to be healthy and grow at a nice pace though and I'm wondering if I should be feeding them more? Please let me know your feeding routines and what has worked best for you. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
Those are not juveniles...juveniles are 1.5". One times daily is fine...two times daily if it makes you happy. Also 30 seconds is enough.

You don't want them to grow too fast and get oversized and fat. Are their bellies concave?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. There bellies aren't concave. They look healthy. I've just read so many different things I wasn't sure if I was giving them enough.

·
Registered
449 Posts
No. There bellies aren't concave. They look healthy. I've just read so many different things I wasn't sure if I was giving them enough.
You are giving them enough and could probably cut back. It took me a while to get comfortable with feeding only once daily, especially since fish get conditioned to come to the front surface every time they see the food giver and act like they are starved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts