Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got excited about my new fish. I have a 4 ft long 55 gal with 2 ac 70 filters and a Kroalia circulation pump. Plenty of rock work with hiding spots.
Fish stock:
8 white top hara
8 yellow labs
6 williamsi north
All are juvies cept the labs are maybe 2 in. long and growing. I've tried catching to try and bring the number down to 6 of each spieces but man after 2 days of trying to catch the little guys I've thrown in the net. I kinda exceped some attrition but there thriving I think. Will 22 fish make it in this setup or should thin the heard?
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
+1

·
Registered
623 Posts
No rush at all man, you got a good length tank, let them grow up see what happens, also if they get really accustomed to you like my fish, I can pretty much scoop them out with ease if I had to. Which I don't, they're just not scared and used to the routine

·
Registered
485 Posts
I like your stock list & also agree with the others. The haras can be a little tricky to(visually) distinguish males & females.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ladies and gents...Going to do just that relax and enjoy the view while thinking of where I can set up another tank. :fish:
Bob

·
Registered
152 Posts
dielikemoviestars said:
By no means doomed. Remove rejected males as they pop up. It'll be easier - they'll be in the top corners.
Is this true!? If so, top advice. I have 2 labs that I am not sure about but when they are not fighting each other or the dominant male they are in the top corners. This could be the answer my sexing conundrum!

Ian

·
Registered
152 Posts
What about the tank corners combined with fighting each other and the dominant male? Must nearly add up to both males right? :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts