Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Muzis and existing Muzis have been combined in one 55 gallon tank and they seem to have worked out a pecking order. My favorite male is King :D They are no longer shy and come near the tank whenever I come near it. Kinda cool 8)

Here's a couple pics from today - as always, hope you like :)

Picture before cleaning the glass :oops:

My favorite male in foreground

One of the girls (right) she's gonna be my first to spawn

My dominant male asserting his leadership over one of the other males
I just love his dark warm coloration - I hope he gets a chance to pass on those genes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
as always great pictures :thumb: cant wait for mine to grow haha nothing like watching grass grow
altho two have seemed to double in size since i've got them in Febuary males perhaps

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Your pics are awesome! I had a bunch of Alto black calvus in a 55 gallon a while back. I miss that tank every now and then. People who have never had a species tank of comps/calvus don't know what they are missing. I never tried to raise the fry. That may be on my to do list, one day. I'm not keeping any at the present and truly miss them..as well as many other fish, due to my downsizing! I look forward to pics of the fry tank!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gills said:
nice looking Alto, the coloration of your alpha male is excellent!
Thanks guys :)

The Muzis are really becoming good posers. Finally got a couple pictures of my alpha that I am happy with. I just love his dark coloration and the warm glow that he has. Also noticing the sparkles on the fins.

Altolamprologus compressiceps Muzi gold head

·
Registered
189 Posts
Excellent pics. as ususal, they are looking good, like the blue lipstick and set of gnashers combination, nice looking fish you have there :popcorn:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts