1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those are gorgeous. Full tank pictures?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very nice. I'm a big fan of adding plants to any tank I can.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Fogelhund said:
Had to block the light, or the picture wouldn't turn out. I took a video, but can't upload those here. I'd like to add some Cyprichromis to the tank, if I can find the ones I'm looking for.
That's a beautiful tank! What are the plants in the foreground? I haven't been able to find any reddish plants that will survive the alkaline water. That said. I have no problem doing this with Tanganyikans-

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
The comps look very nice. I would love to get a group again however they love to eat fry. My cyps and shellies breed much better without them or Syndontis cats.

·
Registered
89 Posts
sir_keith said:
Fogelhund said:
Had to block the light, or the picture wouldn't turn out. I took a video, but can't upload those here. I'd like to add some Cyprichromis to the tank, if I can find the ones I'm looking for.
That's a beautiful tank! What are the plants in the foreground? I haven't been able to find any reddish plants that will survive the alkaline water. That said. I have no problem doing this with Tanganyikans-

View attachment 1

Looks like crypt wendetii bronze to me. The leaves take a nice pink color on the underside.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sir_keith said:
Fogelhund said:

View attachment 1

The plants are Cryptocorne wendtii "red". Great plant and quite easy.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I have had more luck with crypts in African tanks than any other plant! I love the look as well. IME they do enjoy higher nitrates which can conflict with the desire to keep water pristine for fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts