Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go over my list so far and hopefully get some feedback from folks!
1 yellow labidochdomis
1 rusty
1red estherea
1demasoni
1acei
1labeotropheus trewesa
1socolofi
1Cyno hara all males in a 55

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow no replies. should I take it that my projected stock list is either really textbook? or off the wall ridiculous ?

My main concern is acei and demasoni since both are pseudotropheus

Also I have yet to keep a cynotilapia or labeotropheus and thus that has to be my second worry. not having seen the heavy aggression they are known for.

Although I have kept kenyi and auratus with success in the past.Which I am not going to add to this list of course. just adding that for aggression comparison.

Lastly, I'm not sure the list has enough fish,It's difficult to come up with a list of mbuna that don't bump heads with others. Maybe I could also add a metriaclima caillanos, Melanochromis maingano and Crabro to up the list.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
master chi said:
I want to go over my list so far and hopefully get some feedback from folks!
1 yellow labidochdomis
1 rusty
1red estherea
1demasoni
1acei
1labeotropheus trewesa
1socolofi
1Cyno hara all males in a 55
so the list would then be 1male of each starting with
Yellow Lab,Rusty,Red Estherea,Caillanos(cobalt),Demasoni,Acei,Crabro,Maingano,Labeotropheus Trewesa,Socolofi,Cynotilapia Hara

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
I think the list has enough fish for a 55G and no reason for concern with two Pseudotropheus because the genus is a holding place for fish yet to be classified...no way to know if they should be in the same genus or not.

If those are the ones you want, worth a try. All-male is a gamble anyway, especially mbuna. Just be sure you will enjoy swapping fish that don't work out and have a spare tank to hold the ones going back to the LFS. :thumb:

Maybe the Maingano, but I'd skip any additional metriaclima and the crabro. Acei and labeos are already on the big side for a 55G.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts