Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i dont know if this is algae or what? But it appear a few weeks ago. Any ideas? It kind of waves around, i took one structure out to try and scrub it down but its a real pain because its in all the cracks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey buddy...algae looks green man which looks green in ur stone tht algae..tht look like some kind of Fungus...try to add some Slat Non-iodine....n u have to treat ur whole tank i Have algae in my Tank i keep thm for fish...But this not look like Algae..if u want to remove this try this..

1) keep some water frm tank in any other bucket n put ur fish there for few days..

2) remove single drop of water frm ur tank n put all those those in sunlight for few days all get dry n will eaisly remove all those..then again setup ur tank..

if u dont want every thing..put any plant frm ur tank in sunlight tht show u tht affective or not...

n pls let me knw tht works or not...

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres what i think it is then if its not Algae. Shortly after i began feeding my fish frozen cubes of Brine Shrimp. When the fish bite the cube the stuff goes everywhere so i cant imagine the fish have gotten ALL of it. Is it possible that this junk is the brine shrimp attaching to everything?

·
Super Moderator
40,497 Posts
The bottom picture looks like fungus, but the top pictures look a little like black brush algae. Not totally clear though.

What are your nitrates?

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Have to agree and say fungus.
Re: frozen brine shrimp. Try putting a cube in a glass of tank water (I use a shot glass) and let it melt before adding it to the tank. I find it better distributes the shrimp so everyone gets some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
dude if its forzen food then u give lots of food to ur fish :eek:..tht show very excess amount of food in ur tank...do u have filter in ur tank...it look like some kind of infection or some kind of fungus too me...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put to plecos in there and they made quick work of whatever the junk was. Tank looks MUCH better now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts