Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently lost a albino compressicep in my 80gallon had two there for weeks with two frontosa and the rest new world cichlids (other then the hybrid flowerhorns didnt know when i bought them already returned the blood red parrots)came home to a ravaged eyeless compressicep and the other alive but being chased as if it were a feeding frenzy the frontosa minding their own but i moved the remaining compressicep to a 45gallon oct show tank with four med angels two honey gold gouramis,a paridise gourami,a pictus cat,pleco, and geophagus is how i think it is spelled (a earth eater)well i would like to know if he is ok there and if the frontosa are next and should they be moved and if they could join the compressicep in the show tank :-?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not to sound harsh but you really need to setup a completely new tank for the Comp and the Fronts. And with the fronts you will need a tank that is atleast 6', also you will want to get more of them as they are harem forming with 1Male to 4-6Females. If you don't plan on doing this your best bet is to return the Comp and the Fronts.
Good Luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my tank is only 4ft as of now looking for somyhing bigger but was told the fronts and comps could be house with the rest because of the size of the fronts and the defendsive nature of the comps(dont know if it was for the sale of the fish now more than advice)thank you for your honesty its much better to here good advice rather than a salesman pitch

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
I second AZcichlidfreak's advice regarding the fronts and comps. Also, by the time a flowerhorn is fully grown, you might be able to keep one of them in a 4' tank, but not several, and not with other fish.

The 45G is also already heavily overstocked. If the pleco is a common pleco, they get huge and outgrow pretty much any size tank. There are many different types of geophagus, and some of them also get very large.

On a positive note, at least they did not sell you a giant gourami (Osphronemus goramy) :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a monster.did you raise that?If so how long did it take to get that big?I am going to try and
get another tank going to relieve some stress on all the fish

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you are so right was about to buy a redtail catfish for $25 before i bought it i reseached and they get over 5ft long and had a friend with a 15 pound pacu in a 80g tank before he got rid of the pacu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts