Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 55gal 4ftx13"x20" with 14 cichlids. Up until this week I was running a penguin 330 HOB and this week added a eheim 2217 due to recent and future fish additions. I have what I would call a simple air bubbler bought at my LFS. It just adds bubbles that float to the top which is effective in breaking the surface of the water, but I have also read that creating a current is important to get rid of cold spots and bring well oxygenated water to all parts of the tank.

I have the eheim return tube on the left side of the tank discharging towards the fron of the tank and the Penguin on the right(obviously disharging forward.

So my question is does this set up with my filters and simple air stone provide sufficient current and water movement??

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
likely yes... the airstone creates an upwards flow of water along with the bubbles and the filters on either side should be great. If you really want to test for dead spots, put flake food into the tank and watch where it flows around to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.