Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder what results you guys get with air pump repairs. Do you find it works out okay and how do you feel about finding the parts you need? I have what must be a really cheap small air pump and it has both diaphragms split. Easy repair job IF I can find parts to fit. Are these somewhat universal or what do I need to know to find new ones? It's cheaper to replace parts lots of times but not if it doesn't last. Any thoughts on that?

· Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking that might make sense for this one also. The pump didn't seem to have much info on it which might have meant just a sticker when new that is now gone. Either way seemed to be a bit of not too proud thinking. I've taken it apart and found the name "Meiko Pet" on the diaphragm itself. I find some reference to K-mart stocking that brand which doesn't say much for finding parts.

· Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not much into using air but have several pumps from trading used tanks. My problem was prompted by suddenly needing to hatch brine shrimp. Maybe it's like you suggest, I just need to buy more tanks and then more air pumps will show up in the deal?

I haven't figured a way to get a new room to show up in any of the trades and the one I have is pretty well maxed. Tanks are wall to wall and I refuse to stack them so I have to climb ladders or squat to work on them. Just getting fussy, huh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.