Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to supply air to a few tanks in the basement using a linear piston pump. The pump will power mattenfilters and air stones. I want the same pump, which I plan to put on top of a shelf in the basement, to provide air for filtration and air stones for a tank on the main floor (one floor above the pump). Apart from check valves is there anything else I can do to prevent a siphon forming and the main floor tank being drained in the event of a power failure? I don't want the pump on the main floor.

·
Registered
783 Posts
zimmy said:
I'm planning to supply air to a few tanks in the basement using a linear piston pump. The pump will power mattenfilters and air stones. I want the same pump, which I plan to put on top of a shelf in the basement, to provide air for filtration and air stones for a tank on the main floor (one floor above the pump). Apart from check valves is there anything else I can do to prevent a siphon forming and the main floor tank being drained in the event of a power failure? I don't want the pump on the main floor.
Maybe run/loop the main floor air lines well above the main floor tanks ?

Talking feet, not inches.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wryan. I've decided to get a second pump for the main floor tank and amazingly my wife is allowing me to keep it in the top shelf of a kitchen cupboard with the airline running along the wall to where the tank is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts