Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time i turn on my canisters little air bubbles come out of the spray bar. I took the top off of them to try and get the air out but the little bubbles keep coming. It is very frustrating. What should I do?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
CichlidAndrew said:
Every time i turn on my canisters little air bubbles come out of the spray bar. I took the top off of them to try and get the air out but the little bubbles keep coming. It is very frustrating. What should I do?
How long did you let it run? I've heard it can take some time for all the air to purge from a canister filter. You may just need to let it run a few days. Some people say that rocking their canister back and forth gently can help get some of the air out.

If the canister still spews bubbles after days (or weeks) of operation, then I'm not sure what to suggest, other than make sure you don't have an airstone near the canister intake ;) -- Sorry!

-Rick (the armchair aquarist)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick,
Every time i rock my canister and can hear and see air come out. I wasnt sure If i should be doing that though. I will just do that a little more and see what happens. Thanks a bunch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts