Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 peacocks in a 125gallon tank along with some rainbow fish and SD. The peacocks have formed a pecking order, and the submissive peacock is just hiding.
The Jackobergfrei is the dominant
than an OB peacock
than the other OB peacock

What can I do to stop this aggression? I am lowering the temp and going to feed more often, should I add another peacock or two to spread out the aggression...

Thoughts...

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I think SD would be a silver dollar.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Given you have already started out with probably males, I would recommend getting more peacocks or Haps, nothing too similar, all males. Go with at least six at a time, to add to what you have, so they don't get picked on.

Browse through the profiles, Malawian Haps, and Peacocks... you could add in a Lab caeruleus, or Pseudotropheus acei as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the aggression is only focused on the peacocks and not any other cichlid in the tank. It turns out that the OB peacock is a female and I think the other peacock maybe a submissive male and the Jackobergfrei is def a male. The OB male is smaller and I was thinking about pulling him out of the tank so he can be less stressed and maybe eat and grow a bit instead of hiding at the top of the tank and then re-introduce him back to the tank, and maybe he can claim a cave instead of hiding at the top. I am not sure if he hasn't hit maturity yet as he is still small so that could be why he is so submissive.

Anyone have any suggestions about what I should do?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
I already gave the advice I'd recommend... so here it is repeated. I'd get rid of the female, and go all males 9-15... the higher the number the better... good luck.

Fogelhund said:
Given you have already started out with probably males, I would recommend getting more peacocks or Haps, nothing too similar, all males. Go with at least six at a time, to add to what you have, so they don't get picked on.

Browse through the profiles, Malawian Haps, and Peacocks... you could add in a Lab caeruleus, or Pseudotropheus acei as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts