Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female Yellow Lab that had been holding for a while so I put her in a separate tank and recently went ahead and stripped her of about 14 well developed fry. This process seemed to really stress her and I put her back into the community tank. She is getting her butt whipped pretty badly and often. At this point she looks awful and I am not sure she is going to make it. She is clearly weak from lack of food for so long and very stressed at this point. Any emergency ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Give her another week or two in the hospital tank. Put a rock in that she can hide under and they tend to be a bit more comfortable.

Which fish are aggressing her in the main tank. Is she the only female yellow lab?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are all messing with her pretty much. Even a holding red zebra was after her earlier. I turned out the lights and things seem to have calmed down a bit - we will see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The other thing you could do if you don't want to pull her back out is a massive rock reshuffling. I find this disorients the fish enough as they check everything out and decide on new caves for themselves, that they will leave each other be for a new or reintroduced fish to get acclimated again. Won't quickly help her being hungry/weak though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts