Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have four female peacocks and a blue acei that I have quarantined in a 40g breeder.

I separated them as soon as I saw them not eating, noticed their lips, and saw them make a smacking behavior with their lips repeatedly. As of yesterday, they all stopped eating.

Here's a couple pics of what their lips looks like; no other sores of spots on their bodies, fins, or gills

20180402_173848.jpg

20180402_173756.jpg

Water tests 0/0/20-80 with weekly water changes. Stable Ph of 8.2.

I currently have kanaplex, metroplex, sulfaplex, and paraguard in my arsenal. I was thinking of dosing the tank with paraguard since I'm not sure what this is, but wanted opinions on if I'm better off alternating metro/kanaplex or using one over the other.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Maybe it is just the pic but I don't see anything wrong with their lips. White lips are common due to scraping algae off the rocks and lip locking when fighting.

Not eating is a problem, but you need more symptoms to decide how to treat. What do the feces look like?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.