Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any luck keeping gold nuggets with peacocks and labs? I want to get a pleco for my tank but haven't decided which one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I had wondered about the gold nugget and the higher pH that africans are kept with. I had one in the past, but he only survived a short while and I wanted to check before I wasted more money on one.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I bought a female bushy nose a couple weeks ago and she's been great. After a long slow drip of tank water, she's done fine in my 8.2 pH tank. She cleaned all the brown algae off my rocks in 2 days. She won't get overly big (I think they max out around 6"). She's more attractive than a lot of pleco varieties. And she's very outgoing. She hides occasionally, but she's usually cruising around out in the open with the cichlids. I'm seriously thinking about adding a second. If you get one, you may want to steer clear of the males. I've read that the feelers that the males get on their heads make a real target for aggressive cichlids. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts