Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been on a couple of times and the advice I've had on here has been great, I currently have a 55g 260l juwel vision bow front. The tank has been running for about 6 weeks and I have added 6 yellow labs about 2 Inches 6 maingano and 5 synodontis, I would like to add one other species.

What would go well, I would like a different coloured species or shape

and something I don't think I can do..... I have another tank with Pelvicachromis pulcher in, a breeding pair, would these go well or be a disaster waiting to happen?

Thanks
Theo[/u]

·
Registered
87 Posts
maybe an afra or aulonacar eureka.they are pretty tough and i find if all the fish grow up together in the same tank then they tend to get used to each other and the agression is minimal.
i have mixed mbuna and haps or peacoks in my 65g and have had a nice tank.i had mainganos,german red peacocks and flavus.i got them at about 2'' and kept the rock piles lower in the tank than if i had just mbuna.i found it kept the mbuna for the most part defending the bottom of the tank and left the top part for the german reds.
even some type of ps acie.they are very active and are a nice schooling fish.thats just what i did.good luck to you

·
Registered
36 Posts
Socolofi / Flavus / white top haras. Your tank sounds like one that I'm going to be setting up shortly (swap meet coming up, and these are just the fish I have preordered! lol) minus the syndontis, which I may get some of as well lol. Those are the 3 species I'm picking up in addition to the two that you have, and I think they'd all look great with the color combos. Personal choice? White top haras, the males are excellent and the females look good too. That or some saulosi? One of my personal favs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.