Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I know this has probably been discussed before but I have a friend who wants to make his 36g bowfront into a cichlid tank! I've thought about giving him some of my demasoni fry & maybe he can put a couple yellow labs in to! Would this work with the right number and filtration? Is the foot print big enough for both fish considering demasoni require at least 10? Thanks in advance!!!
:thumb:

·
Registered
625 Posts
With a smaller tank you'd want to avoid highly aggressive fish like Demasoni. But similarly, people here have had success keeping Saulosi in a 29 which is virtually the same color scheme you were originally aiming at.

You're a good friend, I wish I had someone that would just give me demasoni fry! But alas the fish community in my area is pretty sad.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I would say Saulosi or Yellow Lab species tank would be the best options for a 36 gallon.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Demasoni (a dozen) and a trio of labs should work. Don't forget demasoni is a high maintenance fish and you will need a spare tank.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If the tank is less than 4ft wide then stay away from the Demasoni and go with Saulosi or Yellow Labs. With Demasoni in a small tank it will be a matter of time before there will be only one left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts