Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, we are new to the cichlid world, and recently rescued a lone male adult convict in a 65 gallon with the worst water conditions I have ever seen :eek: . well now that we have everything clean, and water parameters correct, my wife wants to know if she can get a juvie jack dempsey, and juvie firemouth for the 65 gallon with the convict. I realize that if you guys think this is feasible, I would remove the convict and station him in a 20 gallon for a few days?? and let the juvie residents set up shop, then re-introduce the convict.

if this is good to go, are there any suggestions of fish that can be added for dither, or other?

We have a very small acei, and female peacock in seperate net breeders while waiting for our 10 gallon to finish its cycle, and fairly certain they will not be able to go into the 65 in the later future, so that was my bust when I got them without doing research, and getting help from here.

Thanks all.

Turkey

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had 2 adult females with my Jacks they did fine. Don't take just my advice on this as I have been out of the tank world for 10 years and just got back into it about 6 months ago. They are going to be a hit or miss in my pass experience. You will need to watch them for a couple of days to a week but if your only putting the 3 in the 65 they should have enough room and not bother eachother. Like I said don't take just my advice thee are plenty of people here that know more than I do. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Supra for the quick reply!...I figured if I did it like the above scenario, it would be ok, in addition to having places for the juvies to escape if needed, but the convict is sooo mellow, and just hides under his rock most of the day...previous owners had the glass soo built up with algae along with the filter, I cannot believe he didnt die. With such a tall aquarium, I plan on making a taller rockscape to help. Thanks for the help!!

funny how many of us gearheads find our way to the fish hobby..lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else have any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.