Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how big should they be? so far biggest fish in my tanks is the male multi and maybe a 2in calvus and one not to far behind it. Guy been buying the fish from says there about .5 inch maybe little bigger. should i wait till they get little bigger?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Yeah- it's difficult to move cyps before they're pretty close to an inch. You can try, but chances are a bunch of them wouldn't survive the transition.

As far as them being snacks- a 2" alto can easily eat half inch fry. It's best to wait another month or two before adding them, or find larger cyps.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
figured just wanted to see all the breeders around me have about the same sized cyps sigh guess i'll be waiting unless somthing comes up

·
Registered
452 Posts
Patience grasshopper :lol:

They're eating grindal worms, and white worms like there's no tomorrow. They'll be ready to go before that new tank of yours is ready for the fish :D
And as triscuit said, they're not great movers at this age. Add on another couple weeks, and they'll have their bags packed, and will be ready to go :thumb:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: you hope lol well ya working on making space in my 75g to setup the sponge filter to get it seeded for it or the shellie tank

one good thing about biowheels stuck that in my xp3 from a cycled tank take it out add filter instantly good tank for fish :thumb: havnt had any spikes in my shellie tank and been feeding several times a day in small amounts anywho off topic need another fish for my other 20l haha options options

·
Registered
452 Posts
Frazee86 said:
need another fish for my other 20l haha options options
You can talk me out of my L. Meleagris, L Caudopunctatus, or L. Speciosus :D

Or J. Transcriptus "kissi" or J. Marleri ...

:fish:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: wouldnt mind meleagris where the first shellies i wanted but have ventured else where

but first to find a stand to hold both tanks :thumb: so prob with in the the month haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts