Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem - I am down to 3 cyp ( non jumbo ) Utina I think - looks like 1 male and 2 females. Started with 6 - 1 jumped out and kicked the bucket - others were fine for awhile but now it looks like I am down to the last 3. Not sure what happened to the last 2.

I want to add more ( I know I should have started off with more but my first time with cyps - did not know better ) - only cyps I find available anywhere around me are very small ( mine are 2 inches plus and thick ) compared to the juvenilles available here ( Central FL )

afraid of adding smaller ones to my existing 3 - only to have them hassled to death by the dom male - any ideas ? can this be done ?

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prov - you are probably right - I have a breeder in Central FL that seems like a very fair guy - may ask him to trade them in. Would not mind getting some nigrippinis instead if he is short on cyps at the moment.

Wish I could find a hobbyist locally that had some tangs for trade - have the cyps and bunch of Julie Transcriptus juvies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.