Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait is over. Just brought 16 of my brothers 3-4" trophs home and got them in their new home. Couldn't wait any longer. Water parameters are nearly the same between both tanks. Only exception is mine has <20 ppm nitrate. What tips for the next few days can I use to make sure they have no problems ? They came from a 125 and are in a 75 now.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Keep the lights off, keep an eye on them and feed them whatever your brother was feeding. Congrats on your aquatic puppies. Very addictive fish. : )

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure a pair spawned already ! Time will tell. I have kept Discus and Angels but these Tangs just do not stop moving ! Pretty cool. Should I expect an ammonia/nitrite spike ?

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
How did you cycle the tank?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ammonia cycled per library for . Took 30 days . Happy to report after being in tank for 24 and a small feeding all parameters are perfect but nitrates creeping back up to 40. Small water change time. They came from poor conditions. Coming here to excellent water has made them very happy. They just never slow down and the moori have colored up beautiful. First time for Africans and I have to say these fish are pretty cool. 2 dominant duboisis have taken their spots on opposite sides of tank. One has spawned....if not then that was some show . Thanks for all the help on the setup . Looks like I am on my way to a good long run of fishkeeping again.

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Keep the nitrates under 20ppm. Hard to tell whether you will get nitrite/ammonia spike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I did a small change today. Whatever it is it must be like paradise compared to the crappy conditions they were in. I have 2 duboisis carrying eggs tonight. Pretty cool to watch.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They love it ! These tropheus are crazy ! I am used to Discus and angels. This tank is so active it wears ME out ! 2 females still holding and the 2 dominant males are after a 3rd female. So far she wants no part of it. I do have some bullying going on with the few petros that are in the tank. One is already in jail with a second one asking for it. I may have to re-home a couple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.