Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had about 8 acei and lost two recently to a weird fungus or disease. The first one got a spot on his dorsal fin that quickly deteriorated into a dead spot that stripped the skin. The infection spread down his side and was dead the next day. The second one suffered a similar fate with all the same symptoms. From the time I first notice till the time the first fish died was about 2 days. I isolated the infected fish but whatever it is seems to have spread. I have another acei with the white/reddish discoloration around her anal fin (which has deteriorated somewhat). I am familiar with the symptoms of ich and this does not seem like ich. Is there another strain that may cause this? Any recommendations on what to do? (besides the water testing/changes, which have been done)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I had 1 Acei showing bad scale damage/flesh exposed.

I put him in a 10 gallon hospital tank and treated with maracyn-2 I believe. He got better in about a week/two.

You should definitely try and narrow it down before treating though - as well, isolate any sick ones in a small tank if possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts