Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make a new thread... For more on how we setup see: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=176184

So the new stuff:

So here are some fish photos and some people shots. I personally got to busy after 1:30 since I and a few other people set up oh ~25 more tanks. I also was in charge of making sure all the donated fish got into tanks and weren't going to die. (I say I did a good job considering the circumstances.) All fish were doing well when I left. I dread bagging for tomorrow.

Needless to say I am dead tired again. But before I sleep here are photos:

First most fish from the top row... I took these early before things got crazy so I missed a bunch. I learned a bunch about Discus from Discus Hans. Though sadly I had to miss his talk since I was dealing with the 30 boxes of fish...

I am not going to comment much.

Fish:

A very controversial fish... Beautiful fish but well needless to say every person stops at that tank for some reason or another.

Now this is what I was doing... Most people likely heard me yelling over the top of everyone to get things done. Needless to say people get chatting here. (Oh and I have to say this is a lot more work then I expected... )

Anyways what happened was 30 boxes were picked up by me and John. From there I and a bunch of AAAA put them into the tanks we had... Sadly about 15 had broken so we didn't have enough tanks. We stuffed the fish into 10s till we had some more tanks brought in. (A family that I wont name since I don't really want to say last names, but mad props to them.) Anyways 2 55s, and many many more tens/twenties/fifteens were filled by me and Becky. We ended up moving about half the fish to new tanks. Refilling some tanks with new water and more fun.... Anyways here are some more pictures of some of the temp tanks setup.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Excellent photos!! :thumb: As always I wish I was close enough to make it to one of these :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
do you know what time the auctions starts on sunday?

That firemouth is by far the prettiest I have ever seen!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The discus are all good. I had a good talk with Hans about them. He says that they do that a lot and all they were doing was filling there air sack. Sure warmer water will help prevent that, but they were just fine. (He only lost one and that was D.O.A. from the flight.)

The BITCHES auction just happened some amazing deals... I walked away with 1 male (7-8 inch) 3 females, Exochochromis anagenys, all for 80 bucks... That was the second most expensive purchase. (The discus went from 25, and 30 bucks.) Everything actually went much cheaper then I expected.

The huge auction will be starting I think 9 sunday. At least dry goods will. Registration starts at 7:30 am. Goes till we get done. (Well I think we have to be out like by 6 or so.)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm confused about Sunday's auction and have a few questions. First, are all of the show specimens being auctioned off or just some of them?

Also, do you have to be an ACA member to register for the auction?

Finally, will you be auctioning by categories (ex: S. American, C. American, etc. etc.) or just randomly? Thanks!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The auction is open to everyone. IE no restrictions at all.

Some people will be selling there show specimens.

It is random. But if you want some particular fish to get put to the front just buy a priority sticker, put it on the bag, and then point it out to a runner. (You are not allowed to remove fish from the viewing area.)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks very much!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just wanted to show you the best of show and also the peoples choice. He was raised in a 10 by himself and was always showing off. Hopefully my male will look like him in another year or two. (So far things are looking good.)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Last of my pictures... I encourage anyone to post pictures of the auction. I forgot my camera today.

Saddly this front didn't every really calm down enough for me to get a good shot. Well without me running the chance of causing him to hurt himself.

This is the lwanda without flash. His yellow shoulder kept on bleeding some to blue when I used flash.

Just a for fun picture. (I obviously liked the fish...)

And that is it. I don't really plan on doing much in photoshop. I can tell you all the fish in this post if you want me too. (I think I have shots of their names... sort of forgot to do that the first time I was snapping pictures.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
renegade545 said:
Love that first firemouth, absolutely gorgeous.

What is this fella?
That is a Hemichromis Elongatus. Cool fish to see in person. Some guy brought some to the show but they were already presold :( . Nice fish though :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts