Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently started using aquaclear 110's on my 125gal to go along with the FX5. Problem is that the ac110 is putting off a ton of little bubbles. I have the water lvl up pretty high. Anyone else have this problem and how do I get rid of them. To me it doesnt make the tank look clear and clean, I dont like it.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I get some from my AC70 as well, although not as much when the water level is higher than the bottom of the filter 'outflow'. Tough to get rid of as it's generally caused by surface disruption or air mixing with water as it pours.

·
Registered
874 Posts
roofeo24 said:
Recently started using aquaclear 110's on my 125gal to go along with the FX5. Problem is that the ac110 is putting off a ton of little bubbles. I have the water lvl up pretty high. Anyone else have this problem and how do I get rid of them. To me it doesnt make the tank look clear and clean, I dont like it.
this is why i do not like them....in time, you will also find that the impeller will jam when the power goes out...its a PITA. i am much happier with my HOT Magnum HOB.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Strange. I know when I've set up aquaclears in the past, they do that for a a day or 2 at max while all the bubbles in the media and such make their way out. As said above, the water level does make a difference as well.

I would wait it out and see if it decides to "calm" down.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I was having tiny bubble problems at one point and found it was a combo of an oil slick from food at the surface and the output breaking this into tiny persistent bubbles that made the tank look milky as they were very slow to break. I found a solution by putting a powerhead in that broke up the surface more. I don't know where the oil went as I did not change food but the water cleared up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your inputs. I really raised the water level and it seemed to control the bubbles. Still have them on the surface but aleast they are blowing massive amounts through the tank like before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts