Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a vacuum cleaner to clean my aquarium gravel. There are many on the market that work on battery power.But I'm looking for one that plugs into the wall.
I had one made by Eheim, but it is no longer available. It had more power than the battery operated models, and I would love to replace it.
Does anybody know who sells them?

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
under_control said:
I wouldn't recomend just vac'ing the gravel without changing water.
Why not ???

I have the eheim. I'm about to make a power connection in the cap. Two wires from that to the battery connectors and I can plug in an adapter to power it. With full batteries it is powerfull enough but when the batteries go lower it just does not work that good anymore. For now I use two sets of rechargable batteries.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I'm about to make a power connection in the cap.
I'd be interested in seeing how you did that when you get that worked out.

I agree that there are many good reasons to vacuum tank bottoms outside of the normal water change schedule. I do it all the time with a battery operated unit, and they can leave you wishing for something better. Only challenge to a plug in is either making it waterproof or being very careful you don' t drop it in the tank. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.