Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 foot 140 wide.
The stocking goes as follows -6 ps. flavus(f)
-6 petro. chitimba(1m/5unk)
-5 i. sprengerae(unk)
-14 cyno afra "minos reef"(4m/5f/5unk)
-10 labeo fuelleborni "chalo"(unk)
-14 ps. saulosi(3m/2f/9unk)
The unk are juvies.

The rest of the fish are between 1.5 and 2.75 inches i know ill need to take some of the males out. But the question I have is should I get rid of the flavus and replace them with ps.acei or find them a male.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the question was should i get rid of the ps. flavus and replace them with ps. acei or should i find the ps. flavus a male counterpart?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Acei would add calmness to the tank.

I would trade 2 of the female flavus and get 1 Male, just because they are different.

How are the Flavus acting now are they aggressive? And atleast one of them should have coloured up nicely right, this one may be male already.

With all your fish try to get 1M to5F ratio this will help things.

If the Flavus begin acting up which they can do then i would maybe trade them in for the Acei but i would deffinately give it a go first

Hopefully some of your juvies are females i would keep them especially the female Saulosi :thumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i love the flavus however they are hard to find and i have six females and no males. One of the females is holding hybrids(hope she spits). So i thought a semi large school of acei would look awsome. any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It sounds like you've already made up your mind. I adore my acei and considering their mellow nature, there's no reason not to go with them.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
If the flavus is hard to find, I'd sure try to get a male and do some breeding to sell them. As for getting acei too, YESSSSSS. I love my acei and they add so much to the tank in so many ways.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Maybe try to ship a Male Flavus, I see you line in the US were it is quite possible to get your hands on anything online. But if not the Acei would be good to

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.