Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in doing tank maintenance tonight I left an air line accidentally in the tank and down the back so it siphoned a small amount (prob a gallon or so) down to the floor. I noticed water around the base of the stand so I've had two big fans pointed at the base of the stand and towels around the front. Definitely making progress as the water now just seems to seep out from the front.

I guess my concern is if that little bit of water stays under the stand if it will cause damage or weaken the floor.

Any thoughts ideas appreciated

·
Registered
13 Posts
So in doing tank maintenance tonight I left an air line accidentally in the tank and down the back so it siphoned a small amount (prob a gallon or so) down to the floor. I noticed water around the base of the stand so I've had two big fans pointed at the base of the stand and towels around the front. Definitely making progress as the water now just seems to seep out from the front.

I guess my concern is if that little bit of water stays under the stand if it will cause damage or weaken the floor.

Any thoughts ideas appreciated
We've all done it...I ruined several planks of a brand new laminate floor. Try a shop vac flat (slightly elevated against the stand) should pull out a lot, or if carpet flat on the floor against the stand for a minute or so.
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts