Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Piranha will do this for you as well... of course their teeth present a small problem!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Years ago the History Channel did a program on "The Bridge Over the River Kwai" where allied POWs were forced by the Japanese to build a railroad and the bridge. They were badly mistreated and given very poor diets which resulted in ulcers forming. It was stated that whenever they had to enter the water to work, fish would nibble on the ulcers and remove dead skin. Luckily there were no piranhas there.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
And if they get "toe"-main poisoning or hoof n mouth disease the Cardinal fish in the corner will tell them they are "heal"ed. :p

G

·
I saw that article as well and had a good laugh. I wouldn't mind trying it to see how it actually feels. It would be interesting. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am going to try it and report back.

My husband says why not save your money and stick your feet in the fish tank, but my fish have teeth! Plus, they're too well fed to be interested in some dead skin.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Sorry when I click on the link I get a blank page. Are these fish from Thialand? It's pretty common over there. Many Aussies go over to Thailand for holidays, and there are many temple and spa ponds with these fish in for this purpose.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
lol, my M.callainos would gladly oblige... he has my knuckles off with nearly every water change!! would sure save a few bob on pedicures! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts