Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into keep about 5 different kinds of mbuna in a 75 gallon Tank. Demasonai, Yellow Lab's, Red Zebras, Yellow Tail acei's and Jalo Reef. I Want them to breed in there but I also want to breed Dragonblood peacocks. Can i do this in the same tank? I'm also wondering how many tanks/what sizes would be good for growing them out to the point i can sell them?

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
You really need less species so you can have more females and hope that you do not get hybrid mixed fry. Dragonblood are already hybrids and may not breed true anyway.

You need to pick a couple species that you seriously want to breed, and you need quality pure parents to start with. All fish are not the same. You want to avoid fish that can cause confusion and avoid hybrid fry that you are not sure of. You want a lot of females for the one dominant male.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noki said:
You really need less species so you can have more females and hope that you do not get hybrid mixed fry. Dragonblood are already hybrids and may not breed true anyway.

You need to pick a couple species that you seriously want to breed, and you need quality pure parents to start with. All fish are not the same. You want to avoid fish that can cause confusion and avoid hybrid fry that you are not sure of. You want a lot of females for the one dominant male.
Ohh ok thanks. I thought they would only hybrid if they were the same species, but i guess im wrong. What mbuna do you think would go best with the dragonblood? If any. I Really like dragon bloods, but want to breed multiple different fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.