Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey here are a few pics of my fish, im using an olympus digital, however the flash is sometimes too bright but if i turn it off the pictures are blurry?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You can try turning down the shutter speed, but I haven't had much luck with that myself, I always use a flash on individual fish photos.

·
Registered
69 Posts
to get best possible pics without flash bump up the ISO as much as you can - it will give you the ability to use faster shutter speed (cost is a tiny bit of 'noise' grain in the photo)

also far better to zoom in as little as possible. Get closer to the tank rather than using any zoom (that is if it doesn't make all your fish hide). Less zoom means more light onto the camera's sensor, and therefore again ability to use faster shutter speed. Also most small cameras have variable aperture lenses, and the aperture is wider when the lens isn't zoomed than when it is.

PS congrats on the pics you've taken which are lovely. Nice tank too! Love the rock-work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot for all the comments! :D
its so hard to get a good shot of my cyps they are soo fast haha, i'll try get some more shots of my comps up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts