Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Really nice fish and shots CC.

all look to be mighty specimens-loving the Protemela 'Royal' and litho as well as Lwanda.
Love o see Full tank shot of show tank.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. As you guys can probably tell, the Aul. Lwanda is my favorite cichlid and i have been working on getting a good specimen for several years. Happy with the present product.

firenzena said:
Really nice fish and shots CC.

all look to be mighty specimens-loving the Protemela 'Royal' and litho as well as Lwanda.
Love o see Full tank shot of show tank.
The full tank shot is not very impressive. Spending more time on content atm, will get back to setup after i get content in cruise control.

cc

·
Registered
676 Posts
Looking GOOD!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
CrazyCichlid
Every Time I get bored and wanna look up some Lwanda stuff, I seem to always make my way to your posts.. and I get sad every time I see that Male of yours knowing hes out of my reach... I'm currently working on a Line myself trying to get a strain that I'm happy with, but If I had fry from that guy, Id leave the strain right where its at. Dammn.. I want his kids... The Little Male I have for this round, is coloring up pretty good, but I doubt mine will get that nice finage size yours does.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Protazerg said:
CrazyCichlid
Every Time I get bored and wanna look up some Lwanda stuff, I seem to always make my way to your posts.. and I get sad every time I see that Male of yours knowing hes out of my reach... I'm currently working on a Line myself trying to get a strain that I'm happy with, but If I had fry from that guy, Id leave the strain right where its at. Dammn.. I want his kids... The Little Male I have for this round, is coloring up pretty good, but I doubt mine will get that nice finage size yours does.

I will try to keep some fry around, but with only 1 beat up female left, not very easy. I did put out a nice grp of juvies to a breeder to work with. Will likely have something cooking in about 5-6 months I hope. Will keep you posted.

cc

·
Registered
95 Posts
CrazyCichlid
Can you email me at, [email protected] so I have your contact info so I can keep in touch? I don't wanna lose you lol, I do think about your fish a lot haha. Ill try and post some pics of my male so far shortly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
CrazyCichlid
here is my male, how hes looking so far, at about 3.5 inches. I don't think hes going to have even close to the amazing finage yours has.

·
Registered
95 Posts
CrazyCichlid
Here is a vid I made of my Malawi tank, it shows the Lwanda better then my photo does. the camera flash flooded a lot of the color out, but if I took the pic without flash, hed be all blurry. (crappy camera) so I made this video, (with a crappy vid cam) that did not actually turn out so bad, its kinda nice. =)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looking very good prot. You have a nice collection there. The lwanda looks just as good as mine. The only difference may be the thicker yellow band and finnage...but if you give him a tank on his own with a few females the fins should get just as impressive. What is the lethrinops you have in there?

·
Registered
95 Posts
CrazyCichlid
I have two "Red Cap" Lethrinops juvies, I don't know what sex they are yet, hopefully I have a pair, but knowing my luck, they will both be the same sex. =/

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Protazerg said:
CrazyCichlid
I have two "Red Cap" Lethrinops juvies, I don't know what sex they are yet, hopefully I have a pair, but knowing my luck, they will both be the same sex. =/
yeah those are real nice. I am trying the albus at this time. They are small but hoping for them to be book quality.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts